With VC funding, Unacast has opened offices in Oslo and NYC, and been featured in everything from Fast Company to Venturebeat and Business Insider. We were named «10 Northern European Startups To Follow In 2016» and also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Recently Inc. Magazine covered us as “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We’re hiring! We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join us in our New York City offices.
We are hiring a Data Analyst into our supply (data acquisition) team to strengthen our analytics and data onboarding capabilities. As a Data Analyst on the supply team your main tasks will be to analyse, onboard, and assess the quality of incoming data, report your findings to the commercial team and provide insight into what we need to build to do all of this better, faster, more efficiently. Your role will actively support the data acquisition team in understanding what data to buy and what new data sources to consider. You will also work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure that we are building the right tools and internal products for our platform to onboard and analyze data.
Your main hub will be at our Manhattan Flatiron offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our Oslo, Norway offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year.
We run our technical stack on Google Cloud, and you will get the chance to work with Google’s cutting-edge technology, like BigQuery and DataFlow, to process, store and understand data. We're not demanding that you have a lot of experience with them, all we ask is that you are willing to learn something new every day.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different backgrounds and experiences. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Analyse and integrate partner location data into the Unacast Data Platform
- Monitor the quality of incoming data
- In partnership with your commercial teammates on the supply team, prioritize which partners we analyze and integrate
- Provide input into our supply product roadmap - what do we need to build for you to get things done?
- Provide opinion on acquiring new types of data
- Ideate and cooperate with our engineering and product teams on current and new products
- Minimum 2 years of working in SQL, preferably with large data sets (you consider yourself intermediate to expert in SQL)
- High sense of urgency, a bias to action and experience in prioritizing work
- Clear and structured communication skills
- Passionate about data!
- Degree and / or familiarity with Python, Ruby on Rails or scripting languages and other languages
- Familiarity with location data or adtech / martech
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
Who is Unacast?
We are living in a new data era. Verified and actionable data is quickly becoming the backbone of most industries, and location data is now a key data component of everything from marketing to bots and AI.
Proximity data is a new generation of location data that is more precise, contextual and tailored for indoors. Unacast built the Real World Graph™ and is the category leader in the emerging proximity industry - designing products that merge this new data source with existing ones.
Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world. Through Unacast our customers can easily tap into the rapid growing amount of accurate location data from physical behaviour globally. We provide real-time insights to power physical and digital communication between brands, retailers and end users. In short, we help create more personalized communication offline and online, reducing noise by increasing relevance.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!