We are hiring to strengthen our Engineering Team, assisting the development of our core and business products. As a Developer at Unacast, your main tasks will be maintaining our current products, as well as building new ones.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of data scientists, product managers, sales representatives, and other engineers. Your main hub will be at our spectacular Oslo offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our NYC offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our NYC offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year.
As an engineer at Unacast, you have the freedom to choose your own tools. Preferably something that can run on Google Cloud, where most of our technical stack runs today. We’re utilizing Google’s cutting-edge technology, like BigQuery, DataFlow, Cloud Functions, and AppEngine. At Unacast you will have the opportunity to learn how to use these tools intimately. We use different languages for different tasks, such as Java, Go, and Clojure, or whatever tool or language that gets the job done. You may or may not have experience with these tools and technologies already, but all we ask is that you are interested in learning something new every day. However, words like Serverless, NoOps/ChatOps, Stream Processing and Event-Based Systems should tickle your brain.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. Of that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different background and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Further, develop and maintain our current products
- Choose the right tool for the job
- Translate business requirements into code
- Together with your team, own a system from the idea stage, until it is no longer in production
- A background in software development
- Comfortable with at least one programming language
- Passionate about software development!
- Our main company value "Be your own CEO"
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 5 weeks)
- Work from wherever you want
- Stay for short or longer period at our NYC office
- Free food and drinks at the office
- Monthly company events
- Regular trips to NYC for our internal Round Tables