We are hiring a Data Scientist to strengthen our analytics and product development capabilities. As a Data Scientist at Unacast, you will help drive a data-first culture across the company. Your main tasks will be to analyze and visualize data, provide insights to product development initiatives, and to empower Unacast to improve its data quality and make better data-driven decisions in general. Your role will actively contribute in improve existing and new products, ensuring high data quality on both supply and demand side, data scoring, fraud detection, and incorporation of new data sources.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, and sales representatives. Your main hub will be at our spectacular Oslo offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our NYC offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year.
We run our technical stack on Google Cloud, and you will get the chance to work with Google’s cutting-edge technology, like BigQuery and DataFlow, to process, store and understand data. We're not demanding that you have a lot of experience with them, all we ask is that you are willing to learn something new every day.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different background and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Work with location data and further improve methodologies for data analysis and data modeling
- Work closely with the Core Engineering team to help translate the models into runnable code
- Make sure our data continues to hold the highest standard in the market
- Help uncover the full potential of new and existing data sources
- Communicate ideas, results and findings to clients, partners, and internally
- A mathematical and statistical background
- Coding skills for data transformation and analysis using languages such as SQL, Python, R, or other
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools
- Passionate about large datasets!
- Our main company value "Be your own CEO"
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 5 weeks)
- Work from wherever you want
- Stay for short or longer period at our NYC office
- Free food and drinks at the office
- Monthly company events
- Regular trips to NYC for our internal Round Tables