Talent Manager (NYC, US)
Unacast is looking for the world’s most talented Talent Manager
With VC funding, Unacast has opened offices in Oslo and NYC, and been featured in everything from Fast Company to Venturebeat and Business Insider. We were named «10 Northern European Startups To Follow In 2016» and also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Recently Inc. Magazine covered us as “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We’re hiring! We are now looking for a Talent Manager to join us in our New York City offices.
Unacast is entering its rapid-growth phase, from 30 employees to over 100 in a year plus and we are mindful that this process needs to be guarded carefully - to both protect our unique culture and to evolve it as new employees join us. To steer us through this challenging and exciting time we are inviting a Talent Manager to come onboard the company and manage the people-side of one of the most ambitious global tech companies in the world.
Your main hub will be at our Manhattan offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done, and to take all the vacation you need. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our Oslo, Norway offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year. Speaking of Oslo, Unacast is firmly rooted in Scandinavian work principles where we avoid middle managers and red tape. Rather we organize ourselves in smaller teams that has the mandate to decide on their own strategies and effectuate accordingly.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different backgrounds and experiences. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Lead all of Unacast´s hiring and talent scouting processes
- Develop and execute Unacast´s onboarding strategy
- Help locate competence gaps and fill those gaps through future recruiting
- Build and develop Unacast´s employee branding strategies
- Help cultivate and grow the unique Unacast company culture
- Ensure that we all have a good time while conquering the world
- Be the link between all the existing and future Unacastles in the world
- Participate in management meetings where needed
- In charge of employee administration, like vacation, pension, insurance, handbooks
- In short, you will be the hub of the company
Who is Unacast?
We are living in a new data era. Verified and actionable data is quickly becoming the backbone of most industries, and location data is now a key data component of everything from marketing to bots and AI.
Proximity data is a new generation of location data that is more precise, contextual and tailored for indoors. Unacast built the Real World Graph™ and is the category leader in the emerging proximity industry - designing products that merge this new data source with existing ones, like GPS, NFC and others..
Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world. Through Unacast our customers can easily tap into the rapid growing amount of accurate location data from physical behaviour globally.
We provide real-time insights to power physical and digital communication between brands, retailers and end users. In short, we help create more personalized communication offline and online, reducing noise by increasing relevance.
- Degree from organizational psychology, economy, or more marketing oriented educations
- Extensive experience from HR roles
- In-depth knowledge about legal aspects related to HR
- Extensive experience from building recruitment- and onboarding strategies
- Management experience
- Experience from growth companies in tech is a plus