Marketing and PR Director
PR and Marketing Director
With VC funding, Unacast has opened offices in Oslo and NYC, and been featured in everything from Fast Company to Venturebeat and Business Insider. We were named «10 Northern European Startups To Follow In 2016» and also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Recently Inc. Magazine covered us as “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We’re hiring! We are now looking for a Marketing and PR Director to join us in our New York City offices.
Who is Unacast?
We are living in a new data era. Verified and actionable data is quickly becoming the backbone of most industries, and location data is now a key data component of everything from marketing to bots and AI.
Proximity data is a new generation of location data that is more precise, contextual and tailored for indoors. Unacast built the Real World Graph™ and is the category leader in the emerging proximity industry - designing products that merge this new data source with existing ones, like GPS, NFC and others..
Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world. Through Unacast our customers can easily tap into the rapid growing amount of accurate location data from physical behaviour globally.
We provide real-time insights to power physical and digital communication between brands, retailers and end users. In short, we help create more personalized communication offline and online, reducing noise by increasing relevance.
Are you ready own and develop Unacast entire marketing and PR strategy? We are ready for you to come in and build upon our already strong marketing position. This is your chance to build a marketing and PR strategy in a new and unchartered space, and it will require all your creative skills, as there is no textbook written. Yet.
You will be responsible for external PR & marketing events and maximising opportunities for communications activity, and identify press opportunities both internally and externally. To accomplish this you work closely with our external PR-agency and will keep a diary of press communications activity and to develop corporate messages and disseminate proactively Social Media, in additon to be responsible for all social media activity (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and managing corporate social media accounts.
In parallel you will create a 'corporate' marketing strategy and implementation plan, and deliver marketing campaigns for all business areas in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. You will manage the marketing budget including seeking opportunities for increased external support, and work with colleagues to develop marketing collateral, including for recruitment and tendering opportunities and brand(s) awareness.
In short you will be the voice of the company.
Focus areas: PR
- Develop PR strategies
- Build relationships with the media
- Write press releases and calling around whenever you’re trying to generate publicity
- Oversee content production (adverts, videos, social media and online PR stunts)
- Arrange press conferences and events
- Oversee social media PR strategies
Focus areas: Marketing
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Plan, execute, measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Plan and execute/create marketing materials and infographics
- Identify trends and insights - and execute on them
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Experience from PR and ideally press hijacking
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns and PR that engage, inform and motivate
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong creative and analytical skills, in addition to data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital trends, online marketing and measurement
- Experience and knowledge from design, Adobe Suite, etc. is preferred